RIP Kevin Randleman

Join the discussion group on topics related to Martial Arts, Boxing, Wrestling and MMA. Share your experience or pose questions to our Moderators.

Moderators: peter yates, David Gentle

RIP Kevin Randleman

Postby DannyBoy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:00 pm

I was pretty shocked & saddened to find out last night that MMA pioneer & legend Kevin "The Monster" Randleman had passed away at the age 44 of heart failure after being admitted to the hospital for pneumonia. Randleman was an NCAA Division I National Wrestling Champion at 177lb out of Ohio State University in 1992 & 1993 and then went on to make his MMA debut on October 22, 1996, winning the one night 8-man Universal Vale Tudo Fighting 4 tournament. He eventually joined the UFC in early 1999 and went on to win the vacant UFC Heavyweight Championship on November 19, 1999 by defeating Pete Williams. By all accounts Randleman was genuinely one of the nicest & most down to earth guys in MMA and he was definitely one of my favorite mixed martial artists from the so-called "old guard" of fighters. Rest in peace Kevin Randleman (August 10, 1971 - February 11, 2016), may God bless & comfort his wife & children and all the rest of his family & friends.

DannyBoy

Re: RIP Kevin Randleman

Postby peter yates » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:06 pm

HI DANNY,
SO SORRY TO HEAR OF THE PASSING OF THIS FINE ATHLETE. MAY GOD BLESS HIS FAMILY AT THIS SAD TIME AND MAY HE REST IN PEACE.
REGARDS, PETER.
Peter Yates
peter yates

Return to Combat Arts and Sports