RIP Muhammad Ali

Join the discussion group on topics related to Martial Arts, Boxing, Wrestling and MMA. Share your experience or pose questions to our Moderators.

Moderators: peter yates, David Gentle

Re: RIP Muhammad Ali

Postby peter yates » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:15 pm

David Gentle wrote:IT IS SAID, WE ARE ALL RELATED VIA SIX LINKS. I WAS A GREAT AND LONG TIME FRIEND OF A GUY CALLED LEO ROSA. LEO WAS A FORMER WRESTLER, LIVED IN THE BRONX, HE PRACTISED JU JITSU WITH THE GRACIE BROS AND ALSO WAS A WORLD RECOGNISE FAMOUS PIANO PLAYER OF PUERTO RICO MUSIC. HE ALSO PLAYED FOR PEOPLE LIKE SINATRA. LEO CAME TO ALL THE OHF AWARDS AND WE WERE LONG TIME BUDDIES. LEO ALSO WAS BROUGHT UP WITH CASSIUS CLAY AND CASSIUS'S BROTHER RUDOLF VALENTINO CLAY, SPARED WITH THEM AND ALSO TRAINED AT A LONG GONE MIAMI BEACH GYM. LEO COMMENTED JUST HOW FAST CASSIUS WAS. I WROTE ALL THIS UP FOR HEALTH AND STRENGTH BACK IN 2005. NOW SADLY BOTH LEO AND CASSSIUS OR MOHAMID ARE GONE. BUT TO GET TO MY POINT, HERE WE ARE LINKED BY JUST THREE PEOPLE, ME, LEO AND CLAY....IT TRULY IS A SMALL WORLD. I BET STICKS KNOWS OF LEO ROSA, HE CAME IN THE UNIVERSE FINALS IN 1965 AND ALSO ALWAYS ATTENDED VIC BOFFS AOBBS. DAVID GENTLE.

HI DAVID,
LEO ROSA WAS A REAL PHYSICAL CULTURIST WHO LIVED THE LIFE. HE WAS ON OF THOSE BODYBUILDERS WHO WERE HURT BY THE WEIDER-HOFFMAN FEUD AND FOUND IT DIFFICULT TO COMPETE IN THE USA FAIRLY. HE FOUND A HOME IN THE OLD NABBA AND MADE MANY FRIENDS IN ENGLAND INCLUDING OF COURSE YOURSELF. YES IT IS INTERESTING THE THREADS THAT CONNECT US BUT THANKFULLY THEY DO.
REGARDS, PETER.
Peter Yates
peter yates

Postby David Gentle » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:05 pm

JUST FOUND THE ARTICLE I WROTE ON KEN LEO ROSA, FRIEND OF ALI AND WILL SEND IT TO DIANE TO PUT ON SITE ALONG WITH SOME OF LEOS INTERESTING LETTERS. HE KNEW JUST ABOUT EVERYBODY WHO WAS ANYBODY...GIVE ME A WEEK TO PACK IT UP AND SEND AS CURRENTLY IN HOSPITAL, THEY WILL LET ME OUT SOON AS I KEEP CHASING THE NURSES, ALTHOUGH CANT REMEMBER WHY... DAVID GENTLE.
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
http://davidgentle.com
David Gentle

Postby peter yates » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:15 pm

HI DAVID,
THAT IS FANTASTIC THAT YOU HAVE SOME LETTERS TO POST FROM LEO ROSA. HE MAY NOT BE AS WELL KNOWN AS SOME BUT HE WAS AN ALL ROUND PC MAN AND A MULTI TALENTED PERSON WHO DESERVES RECOGNITION. DO YOU ALSO HAVE ANY PHOTOS OF HIM TO SHARE? SORRY TO HEAR YOU ARE IN THE HOSPITAL AND HOPE YOU ARE BACK HOME SOON ANNOYING YOUR WIFE. :D
REGARDS, PETER.
Peter Yates
peter yates

Postby DannyBoy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:31 pm

David Gentle wrote:JUST FOUND THE ARTICLE I WROTE ON KEN LEO ROSA, FRIEND OF ALI AND WILL SEND IT TO DIANE TO PUT ON SITE ALONG WITH SOME OF LEOS INTERESTING LETTERS. HE KNEW JUST ABOUT EVERYBODY WHO WAS ANYBODY...GIVE ME A WEEK TO PACK IT UP AND SEND AS CURRENTLY IN HOSPITAL, THEY WILL LET ME OUT SOON AS I KEEP CHASING THE NURSES, ALTHOUGH CANT REMEMBER WHY... DAVID GENTLE.

Sounds good David and it's certainly appreciated! I'm sorry to hear you're in the hospital, but I hope whatever is wrong is getting better and you're well again real soon! Take care and God bless you. :)
DannyBoy

Postby kakaronaldo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:29 am

Muhammad Ali was the best boxer in the world....and he was a Muslim...
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
kakaronaldo

Previous

Return to Combat Arts and Sports